The Provincial Disaster Assistance Program (PDAP) is designed to help residents, small businesses, agricultural operations, communal organizations, nonprofit organizations, parks and communities recover from the effects of natural disasters, including flooding, tornadoes, plow winds and other severe weather.

PDAP is available Monday to Friday from 8am to 5pm to help Saskatchewan residents through their disaster recovery.

Call us toll-free at 1-866-632-4033.


Emergency Measures Operations (EMO)

The RM of LeRoy Emergency Measures Plan will be implemented in the event of an emergency or disaster in the rural municipality. The plan is mandated to prevent or limit the loss of life, harm or damage to the safety, health or welfare of residents, livestock, pets or damage to property. Municipal representatives are in place to carry out the Emergency Plan. Brenda Zimmer is appointed as the Emergency Coordinator for the RM of LeRoy. The RM Office has been designated as the Emergency Operations Centre and the LeRoy High School has been designated as the evacuation/community gathering location. Contact 911 to report an emergency or disaster. Be Safe - Be Prepared.


SaskAlert and Mobile App

SaskAlert is a public alerting program that provides critical information on emergencies in real time, so you can take action to protect yourself, your family and your property. An emergency alert issued through SaskAlert will let you know:

  • What the emergency is;
  • Where it is happening;
  • Instructions for you to follow to stay safe; and
  • Advise you when the incident is over.

The RM and Town of LeRoy now have trained users to broadcast local emergency public alerts. The LeRoy jurisdiction is looking for additional trained users. If you are interested in SaskAlert training please contact the RM office for more information.

If a Local Emergency is affecting the RM or Town of LeRoy that requires Public Alerting call 306-286-1200. For all other emergencies call 911.

SaskAlert Mobile App Instructions: Please see the new SaskAlert mobile app instructions by clicking on the link below. Feel free to share these instructions with anyone you see fit.

SaskAlert Mobile App Instructions

Fire Fighting Coverage

It is the responsibility of the RM to provide Fire Protection Services, however the property owner is responsible for fire-fighting costs. In the event of a fire the property owner will be invoiced. Property owners are encouraged to carry adequate Fire Fighting Insurance as expenses can be very costly.

P.A. 911 Controlled Burn Services 1-866-404-4911

Report all controlled burns (old buildings, stubble, grass fires, etc.) to this phone number before burning and upon completion. The information required is: your name, phone number, land location, what you are burning and for how long. If an unreported controlled burn is responded to by a Fire Department, the landowner or resident will be charged.

Emergency Numbers

Poison Control - to report if you think someone has been poisoned - 1-800-222-1222
Spill Control Centre - to report a spill of a hazardous substance - 1-800-667-7525
TIP (Turn in Poachers) - to report suspected wildlife, fisheries, forestry or environmental violations - 1-800-667-7561